Sunday, May 9, 2010

DIY

I consider myself a somewhat crafty person. I don't always have the creative mind to think of things 1oo% on my own but I can look at others crafty-ness and be inspired to change it up and make it my own. I find that in the world of weddings that is especially true. Almost nothing is original anymore. Things can be altered and personalized but its pretty much a guarantee that someone, somewhere before you has done the same thing. So in the Hubs and I's quest to be "original" we threw up the white flag instead have agreed that I could DIY most to of the wedding elements saving us money and making the things we like uniquely us! So the lesson learned here is that "original" is out, "different" is in!

After flipping through countless blogs {I find them to be so much more inspiring and far less expensive than wedding magazines!} and having long conversations with myself the DIY list looks something like this:

1. All Stationary needs i.e. invitations w/ reply, accommodation, directions & send a note cards, thank you cards
2. All signage i.e. flop, favor, photo booth, bathroom, exit, guest book, candy bar & kids area.
3. The photo booth &/or picture wall
4. All centerpieces {want to have 2/3 different centers for visual purposes}
5. All ceremony items {aisle markers, alter, programs, pom toss}
6. Candy Bar
7. Linens i.e. table cloths, napkins, chair sashes
8. Flowers {bouquets, bouts, corsages, kissing balls, etc.}
9. All reception items {menus, favors, i spy}

When listed all separately I have about 60 items on the DIY list. Most "brides" might feel over whelmed by this but means I'm already married the pressure is really off. I don't know why that makes such a big difference but it does! I love it! I also have 22 months to pull everything together!

No comments:

Post a Comment