Saturday, April 10, 2010

Ceremony & Reception Location!

So I hate the idea of having my ceremony and reception in two different places. I know a lot of people do it and there is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with it, maybe I'm just lazy but I love the convenience of the "one stop shop". All encompassing is not needed; I just want a great place {by great I mean a place with a view, a place with a relaxed feel, a place with a great coordinator} that we feel comfortable at and that has space for both our ceremony and reception.

In my last post I made mention that I had found a place that I thought had all these qualities. The only thing I was waiting for was for the Hubs to hop on board... & he has! It took a lot less convincing than I thought it would take and I'm extremely happy about it. We haven't booked the location yet because they don't book events this far in advance but we have a decision and we know exactly when we can book so that the space can't be taken from us.


Everyone want to know what place we chose???? Its a secret! =) No, I'm just joking. We have decided to renew our vows at the
Frazier International History Museum in downtown Louisville, KY. To be more specific we are using the fourth floor Cultural Arts Center, Which is an "expansive, sweeping New York Style loft with exposed brick and dramatic lighting" to use the description that the Frazier uses itself. This place is beautiful! The picture on the right -> is of the room set up for a reception. There is so much space in there! It actually seats 360 at rounds. We're planning an "intimate" party with 100 friends and family in attendance. Because of this we can separate the room and have the ceremony in one section and the reception in another. The ceremony will be set up like the picture on the left <-. Its very elegant and romantic but at the same time very modern with the exposed brick and ceiling. I love this place and I really think our guests will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment