Friday, April 9, 2010

Locations, Locations, Locations.

So, while many would think that I was crazy for starting to plan this early. I believe myself to be a genius! {Just Joking} I'm, however, a firm believer in planning then doing. Don't get me wrong, I'm just as spontaneous as the next guy but when parties are the focus, spontaneity goes out the door. A great party is a well planned party and I'm just the person to bring my dreams to reality. I've been planning parties for years! I don't do it professional but I really wish I did.

Anyway, back on topic {if you read these posts with any kind of regularity you'll notice I go off point a lot, but that's just me!} Location is EVERYTHING for a Wedding {in my eyes at least}! With the first wedding Josh and I wanted to play up our personalities and mix traditional and nontraditional elements. Neither of us is very religious so getting married in a church was definitely out. We ended up with the old world charm of the Seelbach Hilton Hotel. After seeing it I "knew" that I would have my wedding there.. one day. It was WAY on the expensive side for us but I had fallen in love and who's gonna tell a girl no for her wedding day?

Now that we have been married for a year, the Seelbach just doesn't seem to be the right fit for us anymore. Where it didn't matter before I can now see and say that the Seelbach is just so NOT us. Its way to fancy and not nearly homey enough. And so I thought the search would begin again and frustrate me as much as it did the last time. I can't even begin to tell you how many places we went to look at and the "view" was a parking garage!

But wait... I think I've fallen in love again! and with the first place I went to see.... I don't know if I should jump for joy or be extra cautious. Its in my price range, its downtown, I like the coordinator, and its "us" {well maybe not 50/50 (more me) but still us}! Hallelujah!!!! Now to talk the Hubs into just going with it! Will update when we are both on board for a place!



No comments:

Post a Comment