Sunday, April 11, 2010

Styles, Themes & Colors.

Ok, so to be completely honest, for the longest time {and by that I mean up until about 5 minutes ago} I thought all three of these were the exact same thing... and I guess in the long run of things they are but "when your just starting to plan defining all 3 is a really great way of figuring out exactly what you want to accomplish." So, I thought, "what the hay, I'll try to define them" .. as it turns out, it wasn't so easy. At least not for me.

Style: So I thought extra long and hard on this one... This was really hard for me, not really sure why. Anyway, What I've come up with is: Casual Elegance!


Theme: So... a theme.... Hmmmmmm. While I adore themes for birthday parties and other events, I don't know how I feel about having a specific theme for a wedding.
Maybe I'm taking the word "theme" too literal? I want my ceremony and reception to simply convey a feeling. A feeling of fun and quirkiness, with a dash of romance.

Colors: Colors have always been a HUGE debate for us. We go back and forth a lot. The original color scheme was Chocolate, Lime & Champagne. I love this color scheme but honestly its not really us. I don't even remember how we got to those colors! This time we are going with colors that are much more us and that fit with the venue
that we're decided on: Navy Blue, Dark Purple & Gray.

Here are some inspiration boards I found on Google:



No comments:

Post a Comment