Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Budget & My 2$ Toasting Flutes!!!

The magic number! The number in which all our dreams are based around... is floating?! With this being technically a vow renewal, the Hubs and I wouldn't feel right about asking my parents to contribute any funds and his mother doesn't speak to us (his father passed away several years ago), so we aren't holding our breathe for contributions from her! Not that we'd ask, we knew that when we started this adventure that the majority, if not all the expense would fall on our shoulders and while times can be hard we are doing our best to scrimp, scrap and save in order to have the wedding of our dreams!!! We are competitive people so we are always trying to "beat" our budgets! Meaning we usually always find a way to come in under budget! Currently our budget is "floating" somewhere between 7,000 & 10,000 dollars. I have no doubt that with the right savvy choices we will come in closer to the 7,000$ mark.

& finding great deals at our local Dollar Tree is one of the great strategies we employ! Now Hubs and I had "done" our homework once before and knew/were told that finding toasting flutes and serving sets at great prices was easy as long as we were willing to do the ebay route. I'm sure that ebay is great and I've read where people have gotten great deals on everything from vase filler to their big day dress! But here and now I openly admit that I'm not a HUGE ebay person. Hell, I'm not even a huge Internet person {I know, I know}. So I had come to terms with that unless I lucked out with an awesome yard sale or goodwill find, I'd be spending roughly $25 on a toasting flutes! I have to say, spending that much on a set of glasses I was going to use MAYBE once a year sucked!! So you can imagine my delight when on a recent DT trip I happened to run across this babies! {I know its a terrible pic! Sorry} They are a darker blue in person, not navy but dark enough to make me happy. Especially at the price of 1$ each!! I even let the Hubs take his pick as they also had goblets in this color!

I'm debating If I should do anything else to them.. I could put rhinestones on the base.. Or maybe ribbon around the stem. I don't know. What do you think??

No comments:

Post a Comment