Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Getaway!

Picture it.. its the end of the night, we're ready for our "grand" exit, all the guest have gathered outside for the photo op, we open the doors and all the guests have ________!
Okay, its time to fill in the blank!

Originally, I wanted these!
Aren't they great? Ribbon wands; they are simple, fun and as you can tell make for a cool picture! It would be another DIY but who cared? I am up for anything that is going to make my wedding day and especially the pictures {because we will not have enough money in the budget for a cinematographer} look AMAZING!!

Then in dawned on me! You dummy. Our ceremony and reception are in the same place. There won't be a day exit {i.e. leaving church to go to reception/picture location or an afternoon reception that involves a grand exit during day light hours!} I was sad to see this idea go because I thought it was really cute. So now the brainstorming begins. I'm determined to have a "grand" exit. Hubs hated the idea. He didn't think we needed one and when I found out, the only thing that I could think of for a night time exit, sparklers, were not permitted at my venue I figured it was fate telling me that I just really didn't need that exit... A week or so later I stumbled across this picture and everything changed! Even the Hubs thought it was fun and agreed that if I could find some that wouldn't break the bank, this would be our exit.

Fast forward to last week... OH how I love the holidays! Knowing that I'm renewing my vows on my 3rd anniversary has given me 21 months to plan my celebration that's 2 of almost every holiday to take advantage of the savings and sales they have to offer. I bring this up because Target now has 4th of July goodies in there 1$ section, including, you guessed it, glow bracelets! As long as these bad boys stay in the dark they are good for basically ever! There are 15 per tube and I got 5 tubes. That's a little less than the number of invited guests but I'm sure some won't want to participate and some older guests may have already left the party by the time the exit rolls around!In a previous trip to Marshalls {my time in this store}, way back when I was still thinking that I was going to be using the wands I came across these:
They are just your standard pencil cup but I love the design of them and thought they'd work great for holding the wands until the time came for the big exit! There job has changed only slightly. Now that they'll be holding the glow bracelets I think I'll only need to use one. Any ideas for the other could be used for?? These are black so they will be spray painted before we use them. Here is a close up if the detail {again, sorry for the poor picture quality}
All in all, we'll have spent 8$ on our super cool exit!

What kind of exit did you have/going to have at your wedding?

No comments:

Post a Comment