Thursday, June 3, 2010

Odds & Ends

For the time being {I say this because Hubs works for a restaurant so schedules are always changing} Hubs is home on Saturday mornings! So, needless to say we've been hitting the neighborhood yard sales. We aren't hard core about it or anything but have had a little bit of luck. {probably would have more luck but I just can't bring myself to dig through things!} In one such outing I found the perfect empty frame prop for our DIY photo booth for 25 cents! I never took a picture of it so I can't share {sorry} right now, but I was truly excited especially after venturing to the local goodwill where they wanted close to 5$ for a frame this size! Right now its in the to be painted pile of the "wedding war room" which used to be our dining room! As per everything else I have no idea what color I'd like to paint it! Right now its just your plain old wooden frame... and that just wont do! =)

On to another yard sale where I found this guy!
Obviously, this guy is that start of my "jar/vase" collection that will turn into our candy bar! This jar was 4$ and I love it! Of course I'll have to play up our colors with ribbon and I'll have a tag as to what candies are in the different jars!

I have also bought some just standard clear scoops to go with my candy bar that I will be dressing up. I'm thinking ribbon and maybe some rhinestones on the handle. What do you think? I have 2 of each size {although, I don't know if I'll be using the largest size, Its really big}. 6 scoops cost me 3$. That didn't seem to bad to me! Now I just have to decide what candy I want! I feel as though I'm doing certain things backwards but I guess that's what you've got to do when you find great deals!!

No comments:

Post a Comment