Sunday, June 20, 2010

Cake Inspirations

Hubs and I have a friend that is a FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC baker. She's going to school to be a professional baker {that doesn't sound right but yeah} Anyway, she has made all our birthday cakes to date and so I'm really excited about having her make our wedding cake(s).

First up I'll show you what I'm thinking for the grooms cake. My man is a HUGE sports fan so I thought something like this would be awesome:
except of course I'd have to change the teams to his favorites {Chargers, Kings & White Sox}. I hadn't even gotten around to showing him this before he stated that he didn't want the grooms cake at our reception... instead he really wanted the cake to be something smallish and have it served at the rehearsal dinner. Okay, well I don't really consider this cake to be smallish so it was out... the next cake I found though I'm sure he'll like, and meets all the specifications:Again, picture this as a black hat with a WHITE Sox logo on it, I really like it and I think that he'll enjoy it too.

Okay, on to what its really all about... My inspiration is from a couple different pictures so you'll have to kind of mind meld them together!

Okay this is essentially the cake I want. 2 round layers 2 square. I don't want it to be this big though. I want more of a tall, skinnier cake. This is the color I want the swirls and ribbon to be. I really like this idea of not having the topper on the actual top of the cake. I think this is where I will be my topper.

The next few pictures are what I'd like the cake table to actually look like: I really like the lighting on this cake... It really makes the cake stand out! The top picture is really different and I love that its different. What I think would be really killer is if I could take whats on the table in this bottom picture and put it under the glass of the top picture. What do you think? Am I crazy?

No comments:

Post a Comment