Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Fill in the blanks.

I feel as though I should be a little more specific... After much {it was really a no brainer} thought I knew I wanted to renew my vows. "Why?" was the first question of many we heard after the few people who know we are planning found out. No, my hubs and I didn't almost split up, and No its not for a celebrated anniversary (5, 10, 25, etc.) I wanted to renew my vows because I only had terrible memories of my wedding day!

I know that sounds horrible but it is the truth. I'd been having problems for a while... I'd go to bed and wake up during the night not able to breathe with chest pains I can't even begin to describe! Being a temp and having no insurance I put up with this pain for quite some time. I was soon put on Josh's insurance and had an appointment with a doctor. I was pretty sure I knew what my problem was. With no insurance WebMD had been my friend. Gallstones.. I had been psyching myself up for surgery for awhile when the doctor told me all I had was Acid Reflux. *What a relief*

That Sunday, March 22, I went/tried to go dress shopping with my girls.. I had 4. 1 lived 3,000 miles away, 1 ended up with family issues to take care of and 1 was simply a no show... {On the outside I'm cool, on the inside my heart is breaking. These girls are supposed to care!} The one bridesmaid that shows up brings along a teenage daughter and a friend so at least I have 3 bodies to try dresses on. Things are going pretty well, between the 3 of them we've seen almost every bridesmaid dress David's Bridal offered on an actual human body (models in catalogs don't count!) when my 1 BM starts arguing with the DB consultant over a dress she knows she seen but that the consultant says they don't make! Skip ahead, I come home in tears. I don't feel like the people we wanted to be apart of our day really care and if they bother to show up at all the embarrass the hell out of me. I was over it.. We had always joked about eloping and now seemed like a good time. Hubs hugged me and dried my tears and then said we'd sleep on it, but by 9pm that night we were out looking at rings (for him) and buying clothes. We went to bed that night knowing the next afternoon we'd be married!

In the middle of the night I had another "attach". This one hurt worse than any of the others but I took the medicine that I had be prescribed and then waited for the pain to ease... Catch being that it NEVER went away. Josh offered to call the whole thing off, but we'd both already called off work, bought outfits and rings and after the nightmare that was dress shopping the day before I was determined. By 3:30pm that afternoon we were married with our Marriage Certificate in hand (no mailing off for us, we just walked across the street!). As happy as I was, I couldn't hide the pain. I couldn't even stand up straight so the 6 or so pictures that were taken have we slumped over. By 8pm that night I was in the ER; No way was acid reflux supposed to last this long. After waiting what seemed like forever, we were taken to the back and I was almost immediately diagnosed with Gallstones. I'd had them for so long that they had infected my whole gallbladder and it had to be removed. I had surgery at 9am that morning after spending the night in the ER.

After my recovery period we did have a small celebration in our back yard but it just wasn't enough to replace the memories of how I felt that day. This celebration won't replace those memories either but it will give me a happier memory and we'll be able to celebrate with more of our family and friends!

Okay, hopefully that helps "fill in blanks"!

No comments:

Post a Comment