Thursday, June 3, 2010

Ring Pillow

So almost everything I buy has to have some sort of alteration. My wedding colors just aren't that popular, especially in the spring/summer seasons! Anyway, I had to share this find with you! I was in Shelbyville visiting family and decided to go browse the goodwill! I LOVE the goodwill for their prices {most of the time} and their ever evolving selections!

On this day there happened to by a whole rack of wedding items. Unity candles and their base, flower basket, guest book & this pillow:
I'm not huge on the fact that it is bright white but that can be changed! I feel in love for 2 reasons: One. Its small. Our bearer will be a few months shy of 3 years old when we have our celebration so having a huge pillow would look off. And Two. it was 50 cents!

My thinking was that I could take this small pillow, take the ribbons off, buy new fabric and just use this as the pillow form but a crafty friend suggested that it would be easier & cheaper if we just "un-stitched" a corner took whatever is in it out and dyed the pillow whatever color we wanted! I'm super excited about this DIY, dying is always fun!!! And if were not happy after its done... will I still have my pillow stuffing don't I?!

No comments:

Post a Comment